Updates to the MeasureQUICK Application
The app update has been released for Android and is in the approval process for Apple. Hopefully, it will be in everyone’s hands by Monday. Thanks for all of the feedback on the MeasureQUICK beta application. There have been over 100 changes some small some significant to MeasureQUICK that improve calculations, navigation, and the user interface to simply improve the quality of information gathered about the system and its operation. The exciting parts are on the way as the next release will open up the ability to connect to the Testo Smart Probes, and the BluVac Professional+. We will also be releasing basic reporting and user will be able to register for their free cloud account.
A lot of things are simply improvements to the UI (User Interface) and the UX (User experience). Bobby and the programming team is very big on making MeasureQUICK easy to use and easy to understand. The app does a lot of complex calculations but should not be complex to use.
That said, we decided internally that we would be making a separate application for refrigeration. Refrigeration is enough different and has a different enough user base that a dedicated application makes sense. We will also do the same for other specialty fields as we go.
Below is a partial list of things that were worked on, some were spelling corrections and other insignificant changes as far as operation. A lot of the changes are from internal notes, but we thought we would share them anyway. There will be a video highlighting some of the key features and changes coming soon. A big thank-you to everyone for your input.
The MeasureQUICK Update List
- Fixed bug where sometimes model windows would not scroll.
- Fixed bug where the selected refrigerant would revert back to R410A when leaving the home screen and coming back
- Made sure certain text in “information” cards would not be black, but a lighter gray color that’s harder to see
- Added high suction line temp, high discharge line temperature, high compression ratio Black flags. Black flags are indicators that system damage with these symptoms left unresolved could result.
- The liquid line below ambient uses yellow caution triangle and similarly doesn’t add in scoring visible on the screen, during low load. This is just a notification that the condenser is still wet after cleaning.
- Fixed issue where target temperature split could be calculated incorrectly.
- Add DTD’s to SEER page and “Ultra High Efficiency”
- Add new system wide high airflow with text.
- Add a yellow troubleshooting flag with text “Superheat target is below 5 degrees. Target has been set to a default of 5. Do not adjust the charge below 5 degrees of superheat of compressor damage could result”
- Updated menu icons to match other areas
- Get Yellow triangle and black flag showing on the main interface and produce a hierarchy of top level flags to determine which indicator to show -> Black Flag, Yellow Triangle, Red Flag, Yellow Flag, Green Flag
- Add new text to diagnostics page to explain the meanings of the flags.
- Equivalent line set length for detailed performance calculations. These will derate the system base upon a pressure drop in the suction line.
- Add leaf on outdoor measurements screen when in NIST (Non-Invasive System Test) mode for pressure readings
- Models and serials page, add AHRI Cert Ref #, it will tie to the database soon.
- Don’t let the full-screen tablet model push down the non-tablet model title on iOS
- Installation information (new section in system info page) for detailed capacity calculations.
- Visit HVAC School on Resources page added to help section so Bryan can find his website.
- Make a switch for relative humidity vs. wet bulb on the ACR-model, fill in any two and calculate the third.
- Allow the user to put in sensible and latent capacity and let the app calculate SHR from those numbers to show correct ranges on targets.
- Add ability to track touch points and turn setting on/off from new settings menu for training and demo of the application.
- Bug in nominal air flow model when selected from inside ACR-model.. it doesn’t show the rated airflow correctly
- Update low evaporator load verbiage
- High-efficiency evaporator switch added in the configuration section.
- Additional diagnostics information not scrolling to the top
- Liquid line diameter, suction line diameter 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1… suction line, 3/8, 1/2,5/8,3/4,7/8,1-1/8,1-1/4, 1-3/8, 1-1/2, 1-5/8, 1-7/8, 2, 2-1/2, 3 for start-up documentation.
- Add line set lift to installation information
- Add line set location with options attic, basement, underground for capacity calculation corrections.
- RH -> WB Calculated
- Add settings menu
- Add Keep Screen Awake to settings so the application does not close during use.
- Add units of measure placeholders to settings, units of measure coming in the next release.
- Make “multi page” dots bigger so they are easier to see.
- Increase ideal range on the latent capacity to go down to zero. Latent capacity varies with the latent load and can go down to zero in desert climates.
- Add revert to sea level option if weather data has been gathered for testing of calculations.
- Add Electrical setup info to the Electrical page for quicker configuration without leaving the menu.
- Make collapsible tabs global to aid in navigation.
- Version history ability using new app messages
- Fix iOS issue with touch indicators where the dot would not go away if clicked into an input box
- Calculate the background SHR based on nominal airflow.. then calculate what the SHR would be @ AHRI.. also do the same for when only a rated airflow is entered
- Add NIST (Non-Invasive System Test) introduction to help menu to better explain the process of checking the charge without gauges.
- Add NIST info icon to the main screen
- Fix Enthalpy high and low descriptions
- Make enthalpy a positive number for “cooling”
- Fix compression ratio target calculation
- Make an allowable range of superheat for TXV go from 6 to 24 deg F. This is a total superheat calculation. We will add a switch later to select between total and evaporator superheat.
Keep the feedback coming.
Can we get a 575v option for unit nominal voltage under three phase setting.
We can do that, I have put it on the list for the next update
is android app to access smart probes update actually out. It says so on site but cant find link.
Search for “Measurequick”, all one word. The probes are not activated yet but will be in the next few days. We are going through the application and verifying that everything works with the new Apple iOS prior to release.
New Android Update Looks Great….
Will I be able to use the testo 550 – Digital manifold kit with Bluetooth with this app?
We are meeting with Testo at AHR, I will know more about that question soon.
Any update, I would like to connect my testo 557
How to use the Testo 557 with MQ
Make sure that you close and restart the app to get the latest updates.
How come the weather function don’t work, can’t get weather info or manually enter them either.
Likely you do not have location services enabled for the application. This is required for weather data.
Will the application be able to accept different manufacture Bluetooth devices at the same time. For instance singing te testo clamp meter with field piece probes or other pressure probes. Also when do you expect to release the application and any idea on cost?
Actually, it already does talk to many at the same time. We can use a combination of probes to get the testing done. Some are directly connected and some app-to-app. We will have the beta out next week. The cost is dependant upon the tool connected. We are still working out those details.
Will MQ eventually work with the Fieldpiece jl3 probes
We are talking to Fieldpiece, We hope so.
Can’t make measurequick hvac app to sync with testo probes. But syncs with testo app. need help. thanks.
The Testo probes do not talk directly to MeausreQUICK it is App-to-app communication. Take a look at the video here for a demo of how it works. http://www.measurequick.com/2017/09/07/455/ In Testos last app update, they changed “share” to Testo JSON File.
Yes the video was very instructive, and BTW thanks for your pioneering work with the industry. I noticed the change, changed from share to Json file on the new app update. But I still can not access MQ app from Testo app by tapping Json File. When I tapped Json File, MQ attempts to turn on, and then my smartphone screen just turned blank white. Did I do anything wrong? Thanks for your help.
Jim I am interested in your product. Do I have to have smart probes or can I manually enter refrigerant psi, volts, temperature etc?
No probes are required, you can use the application at no cost for manual inputs and reporting. There are text boxes for everything.
I am debating whether or not to buy the imanifold. Is there a benefit in using the measure quick app over the imanifold app? I have the sporlan smart tool and the yellow jacket ManTooth. Will you eventually integrate with either or both of those gauage sets?
The MeasureQUICK application is a much newer, and more accurate for many of the calculations of airflow and capacity. It also has extended ranges for many of the calculations letting it be used for A/C tune-ups in a lower and higher load conditions. The iManifold app does have some cloud features that are not yet in MQ, as well as some HP and refrigeration features that are on the way, but there is no reason that you cannot use both apps for their strong points.
Anything new on a simple report?
ON PM’s I run TESTO reports (air & ref.) for documentation.
I still have to fat finger some inputs into MQ, a report would be nice..
Still having problems with connecting to device via blue tooth ,when I turn bluetooth on I can see device on android phone but can not connect through measure quick.
What are you trying to connect?
The Pro is not currently supported in MQ, you would have to use the dedicated BV application. We will be moving over the code to MQ really soon so everything will be on one place. There is a current version out, and a new version of the BV app is in review for iOS, and should be ready by the end of the weekend, and should be out for Android. You are looking for version 2.20 if you have a new BV+Pro gauge. Sorry for the delay, we had some last minute changes for the units of measure.
Thank you I’ll keep an eye out .
app upgrade wont get past” thanks for updating the latest…….” any thoughts
Try to delete and reinstall.
Having trouble sharing data to MQ FROM TESTO 557. MQ doesn’t read anything.
see if this video helps show the process.
Is it possible to get R600 and [email protected] refrigerant at to the list
It may be possible to install MQ, but there would be no support for the Bluetooth tools.
Is it possible to install on my full size laptop?
I am running Windows 10.
The app only works on iOS and Android devices.
Is it possible to delete project results from my iphone??
Yes, just swipe the project to the left and tap delete.
How do you setup your company logo on the measueequick printer
At this time you cannot, but we will build that functionality in at some point. It is on the roadmap.
Hola Jim, te escribo desde Argentina!, Te sigo desde YouTube! He aprendido muchos detalles que pasaba por alto, tengo herramientas Testo Smart Probes y Testo 557,tengo un problema no logro que se actualicen los datos en MQ, lo que yo hago es abrir la app de Testo y selecciono compartir automáticamente se abre MQ ya muestra los valores desde la app de Testo, tampoco puedo emparejar el equipo con la app MQ, que debo hacer, está activada la opción de reconocimiento!, No puedo cambiar a °C siempre queda en °F, en esta región usamos °C, muchas gracias por tu ayuda!, Saludos
Felicitaciones por tu trabajo!
Post data; podrían hacer la app traducida al español?
Gracias por los comentarios, actualmente no estamos respaldando completamente todas las unidades de medida, pero es su hoja de ruta para el desarrollo. Las sondas Testo ahora pueden conectarse directamente a la aplicación con Bluetooth. Cierre la aplicación Testo. Vaya a la caja de herramientas y busque sondas. La aplicación los encontrará. Desde el administrador de la sonda, debe tocar cada una y decirle a MQ cuál es la función de la sonda. Afortunadamente esto ayuda. Voy a publicar un video que muestre cómo funciona esto si no está claro.
Nuestro plan está en algún momento para trabajar en una traducción al español.